Friday, January 1, 2010

2010...a whole new something.

Well, so it's 2010. NOW what? Somehow, I have made it through another year. Where did it go? What did I accomplish? I find it rather disappointing that I accomplished nothing in 2009. Well, I say nothing. Actually, what I did was....I was emotionally supportive of my husband and my daughter. That's what I did.

This year will be different. I'm optimistic. Let's re-phrase. I'm TRYING to be optimistic. Katie will be leaving her normal life in August to start a totally new and exciting life in college. How exciting for her. I'm very optimistic about that. What will I do when she's gone? There are only so many "Thirtysomething" seasons I can watch. In fact, currently, there's only one. So THEN what will I do? Several scenarios present themselves:

1. I will go to work. I will get paid. Not enough, I'm sure. I will buy some clothing. I will meet some new people, and maybe like them. I will go out to lunch with some of them. I will text Katie at lunch to see how she is doing. I will pay bills. I will have an excuse not to cook dinner every night. I will start going to bed at 10PM, because I will need my sleep. I will be too busy to keep up with friends.

2. I will NOT go to work. I will stay home. I will say I'm going to go out of town with Kevin. I will say it, but never do it. I will stare into space and check facebook. I will play Bejeweled Blitz. I will eat a lot of fast food. I will get even fatter. I may become depressed. I will listen to lots of Howard Stern. I will DVR many shows. I will text Katie to see what she's doing. I will hope she is having fun. I will be too busy to keep up with friends.

3. I will NOT go to work. I will get on a health kick. I will start exercising. I will eat healthy foods. I will tell everyone they should do it, too. I will text Katie and tell her she should eat healthy like me, and she would feel great. I will lose weight. I will buy new, smaller size clothing. I will think I look OK. I will still be the same me, only smaller. I will be disillusioned. I will be too busy to keep up with friends.

There's a trend here. I'm too busy to keep up with friends. Why is that? What do I do that's so pressing? I don't know. I will try and figure this out in 2010.

Will I continue this blogspot? I don't know. Let's see how cathartic it is.

2 comments:

Amy Beaver said...

I just ate a donut. The Dutch say eat something round for New Year's. Apparently they also mean get round for New Year's. I think I just gained four pounds.

I am hoping that I will not have to work in 2010. By the way, are they saying Two thousand ten or twenty ten? We're only two days in and I'm already confused.

Do I really have to say "20/10"? That sounds so stupid to me....like I'm on a CB radio, or something. 'Copy that. 20/10. Good Buddy.' Or the television show 20/20 lost some funding and only airs for 10 minutes due to lack of good news stories: "And this is 20/10. Ticktick ticktick ticktick"...wait. That's 60 minutes. "And this is 20/10: duh duh DUH duh!"...wait..no. That's Nightline. Or Dateline. I suppose my New Year's resolution should be to watch more news television.

Should I also add 'A.D.'? It sounds a LITTLE better that way, doesn't it?

"It is the year of 20.10 A.D."

I'll fill out my checks that way as well, I suppose.

Date: 2nd January, the year of 20.10 AD

I will be the slowest check writer in the grocery store.....

Terri said...

I say go with 2 thousand 10. LOL. See, the reason you gained 4 lbs. by eating just one donut......is because you only weigh about 82 lbs. If you would start out weighing 195 lbs......1 donut would only make you gain about 1 lb. See? Great math. :-)

Post a Comment